Pages

My photo
Hello�� My name is Lucy and I am 20 from Oxford A girl who loves everything fashion, food and beauty based and wanting to share my interests and ideas with everyone! Enjoy! ��

Monday 11 January 2016

CINNAMON CHALLENGE!


 But not the viral craze you're thinking of...

Cinnamon is a perfect alternative to sugar especially  for a sweet tooth like me! 
Obviously new year is a time for new resolutions, one of mine being the ever so cliché "healthy eating and keeping fit". Over the Christmas period sugar is everywhere and there is no escape from it! So it's time to go on a sugar detox!

I came across this idea of replacing sugar with cinnamon whilst flicking though my mums slimming world magazine. It suddenly light bulbed into my head that that would be a great place to start making changes to my diet! But what are the benefits of this sweet little spice?...

- It boosts the immune system! 
It is also know to eliminate fatigue
- It aids digestion!
-Improves the circulation of blood!
- It reduces cholesterol!
- And it has been studied that it can help to prevent cancer!

All the more to have more cinnamon in my diet!

I have listed a few of my favourite snacks using cinnamon below!

- Adding a kick to your coffee!
If you're anything like me, you love a good latte and love them even more with a sweet flavoured syrup such as caramel! Well I have recently tried sprinkling some cinnamon into my coffee and it tastes amazing! It's so handy too as in nearly every coffee shop they offer flavoursome shakers for you to help yourself to and cinnamon is always one of them! Meaning you can enjoy this drink wherever you go!

- A breakfast favourite of mine is banana on toast sprinkled with cinnamon. Banana and cinnamon just seems to work! The sweetness of the banana gives you the natural benefits of sugar while the cinnamon spices it up a little! A great breakfast boost to help you feel a bit more awake in the morning! I've also played around a bit with this yummy combo by making banana pancakes, and also cinnamon porridge with sliced bananas ( I've heard it's a Kardashian favourite!)

- Popcorn with a POP of flavour!
This is the perfect healthy snack! Just pop your own corn or alternatively buy some ready made popcorn (try to steer away from toffee coated or highly sugary packs- though you are allowed a little treat once and a while!) pop the corn and cinnamon into a zip lock bag and shake it up to fully coat the popcorn! And there you have the perfect snacking treat that can be snuck into the cinema or snuggled up on the sofa!

The list is pretty endless, but these are my top favourites I have come across so far! I am excited to see if the benefits from swapping cinnamon will actually make any difference! 
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment